Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Confetti!

So, there's been A LOT of serious business going on lately with redvelvetcupcakes! We've been finalizing our logo, working out a deal with the restaurant that will carry the cupcakes, and getting a brand new website! Its enough to really stress someone out! That said, 2010 is going to be the year of redvelvetcupcakes! I can't wait!

Between now and then though, I decided I needed something to remind me of a carefree, more easy going time of my life. Childhood! Remember those funfetti cakes made by pillsbury (I think)? You know, the white cake with the sprinkles baked inside? I don't think I had funfetti cake till I was way beyond childhood - I'm talking college. My mom was that unique mother that worked outside of the home and still made everything homemade - cookies, cakes, pies - pretty much everything. Its funny how you don't appreciate the homemade slice of poundcake as a kid - you just want the greasy twinkie, or in this case, the slice of funfetti cake. Well, my kids are dealing with the same thing - they will never have a store bought cupcake at home (cupcakes only, store bought is my friend when it comes to almost everything else) - but I did use funfetti as inspiration to create something they love....the confetti cupcake.


Its a vanilla almond cake with sprinkles baked inside paired with a vanilla buttercream frosting and more sprinkles. If that doesn't scream childhood, I don't know what does!



And its not just a "cute" cupcake - check it out unwrapped, isn't it gorgeous!