Thursday, October 22, 2009

Progress and Pumpkin Cupcakes

Ok, so its going to be a little more difficult than I thought to post every day on my blog. To keep my stress level down, I have now decided to shoot for posting two to three times a week. Its a much more realistic goal for me. So, here's what's happened the past few days. I've discovered that its hard work trying to get a cupcake catering and delivery company off the ground! No surprise there, anything worth having requires hard work. For the past couple of days I've been working on getting small business insurance, getting my license by the MDA, and finalizing lease terms. Lots of phone calls, emails, and online research. BORING for you, but so exciting for me. I'm getting really anxious and can't wait to get in my kitchen and start really baking and expanding my business.

Enough of that, lets get to the good stuff - CUPCAKES!!! It was a busy weekend, we made a lot of cupcakes in various flavors - tart lemon paired with lemon buttercream, pumpkin spice with pumpkin buttercream, vanilla bean with vanilla bean buttercream, devil's food with chocolate ganache, devil's food filled with vanilla bean cream paired with chocolate fudge ganache, and of course Half Pints in devil's food topped with chocolate fudge ganache. Lots of chocolate. I love chocolate, but the fall season has me in the pumpkin mood........

I present to you pumpkin spice cupcakes with pumpkin buttercream. I really wish you could smell these......awesome. Here's another pic of the pumpkin spice cupcakes in all their glory.

I don't even like pumpkin, but I love these cupcakes (and so does my non pumpkin pie eating family). They are available for order now! Order some for your Thanksgiving dinner - a welcome change from the traditional pumpkin pie.

Until next time.....spreading happiness one cupcake at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment