Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pecan Pie in a cupcake!

So, I've been thinking of the Thanksgiving holiday and all of the traditional holiday desserts that make them so special. I wanted to figure out how these yummy desserts would translate into my favorite dessert - cupcakes! You've got pumpkin pie - pumpkin spice cupcake, sweet potato pie - sweet potato cupcake, pecan pie......pecan pie cupcake???????

Yep, pecan pie cupcakes with chocolate drizzle. Trust me when I tell you that these babies don't need frosting - the sweetness and richness is almost too much. I felt guilty when I ate one.....ok, guilt sets in after two.

I know, you wanted to get just a little closer........

Ok, last one......I just want you to be unable to resist the urge to order these right now!


While these are awesome just as pictured, you could just really go over the top with homemade whipped cream. These are dense and moist, slightly gooey - not in a "yucky" gooey way, but in a "mmmmmmmm, wow, goooeeeeyyyy" way! The most delicious way possible.

Until next time......spreading happiness one cupcake at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Your pecan pie cupcakes look amazing! I love the idea of pecan pie in a cupcake; I can't wait to try them. You've already got me hooked on your signature, Red Velvet Cupcakes, and now I want to try all of your cupcake creations. I'm so glad you've decided to share your cupcakes with the rest of us!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete