Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My first post!

Well, here it is. My first experience at posting in the blogosphere! I can't wait to post every day and share with you (hi mom and dad), the ups and downs involved in opening my gourmet cupcake catering and delivery company. I figure that blogging will be like my therapy, as a mom of four kids under six I don't have time for counseling! My company (also known as my fifth child) is redvelvetcupcakes. We are small and family owned - we specialize in making the most delicious moist, flavorful and absolutely delectable cupcakes. Like many cupcakeries, I started in my own kitchen baking for family and friends. However in order for me to obtain a license in Michigan, like many other states, I am required to work in a commercial kitchen. After tirelessly calling any and everyone who had access to a kitchen, and encountering what felt like a million "we're sorry, we don't rent out our kitchen" responses to my calls, I finally came across a wonderful church that is willing to rent their kitchen to me! Its a perfect kitchen and brand new, as an added bonus, its literally 5 minutes away from my house! Now we're just negotiating the details of the rental agreement. Once that is done I'm going into overdrive and implementing operation redvelvetcupcakes! I've been obsessed with cupcakes and getting my company off the ground for months now (ok, I've been obsessed with cupcakes for a lot longer than that) I'm super excited about this endeavor. Please join me on my journey to spread happiness one cupcake at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Missy,
    We are with you on your cupcake "journey"
    Love
    Mommie & Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete