Saturday, January 23, 2010

redvelvet...hearts.

This has been a pretty exciting week for us at redvelvetcupcakes. In spite of the slow (but steady) progress of our logo and website (we want to make sure it is absolutely PERFECTO) good things continue to happen to us. This week, we were mentioned on the country's number one cupcake blog - Cupcakes Take The Cake! I am super excited about our first mention on their fabulous blog which I read daily! You can read our spotlight here. I mean, really, until the logo and website are done I have been seriously limiting my marketing and advertising. This waiting is totally frustrating, but I don't want to put myself out there more than I already have, and then have to rebrand myself again! So, I have been baking, but not as much as I would like to. Regardless of where I am with the logo and the website I am going forward with my Valentine's Day Special.

A little bit about Valentine's Day......so, for some its really important. For me, not so much. I think it was a bit more important when I was in second grade and wanted to make sure that I got a card and some "kiss me" and "i love you" conversation hearts from every kid in the class.

Well, let me be honest. I mean, deep down in the depths of my heart, would I like to have a beautiful card, dozen gerber daisies (not roses), a surprise dinner out complete with new dress and heels? Sure, I guess that would be cool. Could my husband treat me to a night out at the MGM Grand hotel, with a full service day at the spa, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, breakfast in bed, sure, whatever. Clearly I've given absolutely no thought whatsoever as to what would constitute the perfect Valentine's Day....ya think! But let's get back to reality. I'm the busy mom of four kids. Grammy and MiMi are out of town - and no one besides them wants to watch four kids for a night! Alas, pretty much the best I can hope for is a card and some conversation hearts! LOL! But you can do better my friend! You can tell your husband, boyfriend, lover, significant other, buddy, or whoever to order the redvelvetcupcakes VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL!

The Valentine's Day special includes six gourmet cupcakes. You get two signature red velvet cupcakes with whipped cream cheese frosting, two devil's food cupcakes with deep chocolate buttercream frosting topped with a signature red velvet heart, and new for the Valentine's Day Holiday - valentine confetti - vanilla cake with a hint of almond flavor, red sprinkles baked inside, white chocolate vanilla bean frosting, and a signature red velvet heart. The cupcakes will be beautifully packaged in a bakery box, wrapped with red ribbon, with your own personal message attached! The Valentine's Day Special is $30 (which includes delivery to the metro Detroit area).

Don't worry, I didn't forget - here's some pictures of my Valentine Day cupcake prototypes!

And another.......

Last one....

Until next time, spreading cupcake happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment