Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A cupcake.....milkshake?

So, I know cupcakes have been all the rage for a while now. And why not, cupcakes are cute, portable, small pieces of happiness. Eating a cupcake can send you back to carefree, happy times. They are a welcome distraction to the stress and drudgery that many days can bring. That said, I've seen cupcakes everywhere lately, in all forms. Cupcake jewelery, plates, napkins, towels. Cupcake soap, lotion, teapot covers...you name it! On one of my very favorite blogs, Cupcakes Take the Cake they spotlighted cupcake cereal! Haven't seen it in stores or tried it yet, but plan to.

Anyway, today I delivered cupcakes an hour away to a very dear friend of mine.....hope you really like them Tina! On the way home I stopped at Burger King to get my brother in law lunch (he watched my two littlest ones while I was gone). I roll up to the drive through to place his order, and what do I see on the menu.....a (and I quote) "Cupcake Sundae Milkshake". Obviously, the word "cupcake" caught my eye. I had never seen or heard of a cupcake flavored milkshake. I didn't order it at that time, but by the time I got to the pick-up window I decided that I had no choice but to order the milkshake. I mean, in the name of cupcakes research, I had to order the milkshake! Here it is (pics taken in the comfort of my minivan - I couldn't let the milkshake melt)......

Its basically a vanilla shake with yellow cake flavoring....

On top of the yellow cake flavored shake is a big swirl of vanilla ice cream, topped with sprinkles.

See, the yellow cake shake on the side, with the vanilla on top?

Its very thick and comes with the biggest straw on earth (ok, I haven't verified that fact but I'm pretty sure my pinky finger fits inside it comfortably!)

My thoughts on the Cupcake Sundae Shake - its not bad. Tasty, but very rich and sweet...tastes kind of like the yellow cake ice cream that you find in the stores these days, even slightly like egg nog (which I don't like). There was no way I could drink it all.....my 2 year old benefited from the fruits of my research....she had a couple of spoonfuls for a snack and proclaimed it "delicious". Me, well I would never forsake my beloved cupcakes, but I think I'd take a plain vanilla shake over this one......the sprinkles were cute though!

Let me know what you think if you try it!

Until next time, Sweet Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment